Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Hello I have a daihatsu sirion Automatic..the engine management lights

Hello
I have a Daihatsu Sirion Automatic, all the engine management lights flashed 3-4 times then went out. The car was fine after that but I was wondering what the significance of the lights flashing was
Thank You
Dave Keegan XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Greg :

Hi Dave, Did you hear at the same time the light flash any clicking relays inside the car,

Customer:

Hello Greg

Greg :

hi Dave

Customer:

My wife was driving the car at the time, the only sound that she heard was the same sound that the seat belt makes when it needs to be engaged also she felt that the car was slowing down even though she tried the accelerator

Greg :

Now with a running engine is the check engine light permanently ON.

Greg :

Full Size Image
will look like one of these

Customer:

Hello again Greg

Customer:

I just checked again and all the lights are off

Greg :

Hi did you get the message and icon

Customer:

Sorry Greg I do not know what you mean

Greg :

Ok then you may have a power connection problem ,first check all the wiring connection on the battery alternator and all fuse and relays as you are having a intermittent brake in the alternator wiring system or the alternator is starting to fail on you ,have all this checked

Greg :

Mostly when this happens you will have a alternator problem the regulator is starting to malfunction

Customer:

Thank you very much Greg I will check all the connections.

Greg :

Dave get back to me for any further assistance that you may need ,after checking all the system and you find all is ok and the alternator is charging thyen you have a intermittent problem and will have to wait for the light all to come back on and the check the alternatoe charge output.

Customer:

Thank You for your help in his matter

Customer:

Dave

Greg :

Any time dave

Greg, Technician
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,