Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2005 Isuzu ascender: alternator..inspection..check engine light came

I have a 2005 Isuzu ascender that in the past 6 months we have replaced the transmission, alternator, main fuse and most resently failed inspection because a code came up for the thermostat, we replaced the thermostat and cleared the codes. When the vehicle was driven the check engine light came back on and showed another code, this time the code was just cleared without repairs and driven and again the light came back on with different code, has any one heard of this?
Submitted: 4 years ago via Automotix.
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

I have seen these kinds of problems on cars with electrical issues like cars that have been in a flood or have damaged wiring or maybe a battery with an intermittant internal short.

I cannot tell you where the problem might be specifically.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This vehicle has not been in a flood or had water damage. The speedometer has been sticking as well. could there be something wrong with the chip that sends the codes?
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
That would be the PCM and yes it can be the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I have PCM diagnosed?
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
When they are acting like that it is difficult to pin the problem to the PCM, typically it will be replaced if it cannot be ruled out. Even the dealer will not be able to test it in most cases. They will usually replace it to find out.