Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Metro: geo..Fuel pressure was checked..coolant temp..checked ok

Hi, Dan, This is Mark having the problem with 97 Geo Metro. Fuel pressure was checked good, and coolant temp. sensor was checked OK too. Check engine light was not on.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Did you do fuel pressure test yourself? What was reading? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Fuel pressure was checked with 20 psi at idle and 25psi key on engine off. Even engine shut off, fuel pressure still had 22 psi.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
And it has the same pressure when it will not start? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Have you tried to see if you could keep it running with starting fluid or some other type of fuel? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I hit the no start moment , I spray some carb. cleaner into the throttle body, then the engine can be started that way, at least momentarily.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Ok..So if it runs on starting fluid this proves spark, timing, and engine mechanical is good which brings us to injector pulse...When it wont start disconnect each injector one at a time to see if it starts or check resistance of injectors..They should be 1.95-2.3 ohms if out of range replace injectors...I've seen injectors short out causing no injector pulse..if that doesnt help I would moniter power/grounds on PCM during problem if good replace PCM. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It has only one injector (central fuel injection system).
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Ok, then just check the resistance of the one injector...If good verify it is not getting good ground pulse from ECM/PCM when it will not start..if not verify ECM/PCM has good power/grounds and replace. You can get a used one from to save money. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.