ASE Master Guru
ASE Master Guru, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master certified technician with over 20 years of experience in both foreign and domestic automotive repair.

fuel pressure and flow to tpi but not past injector

Category: Car
Expert:  ASE Master Guru replied 4 years ago.
need the year\make\model\engine
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1985 chevy celebrity 2.5 4 cylinder
OK. You will need to verify if you have good injector pulse at the injector. Remove air cleaner/intake duct, unplug injector harness(2 wires running to center of throttle body) and test for both 12volts Positive voltage and ground at the injector harness while cranking engine. Easiest way is to use a 12volt test light hooked between the two wires. If light illuminates suspect faulty fuel injector. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have voltage at red wire,no voltage to blue wire cranking engine or with just key on . test light does not light up when hooked between blue and red wire
ok, you are losing injector control from the ecm. you need to verify continuity on the blue wire from injector plug to ecm cavity 8. if wire is open(no continuity) you will need to find and repair the break, if wire has good continuity suspect faulty ECM(very common for mid 80&s GM cars. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to ask.