Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

my car and all the electrical was off, it started

I really don't know what the problem is? I got into my car and all the electrical was off, it started up and I fix the clock the radio. Then started to drive and then everything shut down. I could not turn the car on or put hazard lights on. Someone came to help me move it out of the way told me to put in "N" I could not put it in "N" at all, then with me pushing it in to "N" the electrical came on and the car started up. I have know ideal what this is? Can you please help me?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
What year and model is your car?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Year 2004,Suzuki xl . 7 4x4 v-6
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Has the charging system been checked or the electrical part of the ignition switch?Was there any prior work before this happend?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know just got this car this last summer.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok this is what needs to be done first.have a shop check the charging system ,alternator ,battery cables and grounds .They should also have the electrical portion of the ignition switch checked and last would be the transmission range switch.None of these items are extremely expensive to repair but this is what needs to be checked next since you lost all power.These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.