Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2005 suzuki verona: 6 month old that will be riding in the car.

my daughter just purchased a 2005 suzuki verona. She has a 6 month old that will be riding in the car. After reading some reviews about this automobile, I am concerned. Should I be?

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

She should go to a parts store and ask them to read the codes, they will do this for free and it could just be something simple like a loose gas cap which is the most common cause for a check engine light.

If it is more serious she should just conside returning it, in most states you have three days to opt out of a sales contract.

It is not a bad car but if it has issues and dthey sold it to her that way, she needs to just back out of the deal asap.

Let me know what the codes are and I will help you determine what is going on.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She will be taking it to Auto Zone today to have them run a diagnostics on it. As soon as we get that information I will send you the codes for help, is that ok?
That is perfect, let me know!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, we found out that cylinder 3 and 4 misfire.. what does that mean?

There are several things it can be, from the need for a tune up to more major problems. Here is a list of possible causes, but the fiirst thing to do is to change the plugs and see if it resolves it.

A misfire code may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

• Faulty spark plug or wire
  • Faulty coil (pack)
  • Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
  • Faulty fuel injector
  • Burned exhaust valve
  • Faulty catalytic converter(s)
  • Running out of fuel
  • Poor compression
  • Defective computer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So I am guessing from all the possibilities, we need to take it back and have them look at it?!

thank you!

It would be best if you are not equipped to work on it yourself, it could get involved!!