Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

manual transmission)..thermostat..drivers side..heater core

I have a 2004 Mini Cooper (standard model, manual transmission) with a heater that only blows cold air. THe engine does not overheat, and the thermostat has been replaced. I removed the center panel in the footwell on the driver's side to expose the heater core. With the engine warmed up the core body and feeder lines are hot to the touch, so hot coolant is flowing to the heater core. There is good airflow coming out of the just lacks any heat!!! Is there an airflow diverter control somewhere that is stuck on outside air that I should check, or is there something else I am missing completely?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

you've already checked out the mechanics of the system - which sound fine
this only leaves checking out the motor / cable that move the air mixing flap that allows the hot air from the matrix to enter the car air system.

This flap is controlled by the temperature knob / dial etc and is controlled with a small motor for your car so the thing to do is first get access to the back of the control knob and measure the voltages is present there, then trace the wiring back into the dash from the control to locate the motor.

It’s worth first checking the fuses for the fan / control circuit

I'd recommend first removing the glovebox ( undo lower edge hinges from dash) to gain access to the dashboard inner and also allow you to shine a torch to the back of the central console so you can start tracing the wire back and see how things are put together
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I suspect when I open up the back of control panel there will be a rats nest of wires. Can you direct me to where I might find a wiring diagram online? I did check fuses and found none to be blown.
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

there's no on-line free resource I'm afraid however for a small fee you can download a manual from here: