Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license

Opel Antara: I have an Opel Antara Diesel and using it in Ghana

I have an Opel Antara Diesel and using it in Ghana where there is no technical support from Opel. Every 1500 to 2000km I have to clean the Diesel particle filter, because the turbo-charger stops working. I already drilled two 12mm holes through the particle filter, which prolonged the working time of the turbo (Before I had to clean it every 200km). What can I do? In Ghana we do not have the environmental requirements for Diesel cars/trucks yet.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. The problem is that there is no low sulfur fuel available in Ghana. That is why the DPF is getting plugged up with soot. If there are no emissions laws there then what you can do is remove the DPF and knock out all of the substrate material inside of the DPF and then reinstall it. It will never clog again.