Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.
10772012

How much is a Shay reproduction of a 1955 Ford Thunderbird

How much is a Shay reproduction of a 1955 Ford Thunderbird worth? It has a small block Chevy engine and I'm assuming transmission. Car is very clean .
Category: Car
Expert:  Ivan replied 4 years ago.

Hello and good evening. I'm attaching a link, This is the NADA pricing guide and this link is for the Shay Thunderbird. I chose 1982, in excellent condition it lists the car for $18000 and to add 15%. Take a look and navigate around, you may be able to fine tune the estimate all depending on options. http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1982/Shay/Thunderbird-Deluxe/2-Door-Roadster/Values

Your JA Expert,

Ivan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Shay made a reproduction of THE 1955 Thunderbird, that is what I am looking for a price guide for.

Thanks
Expert:  Ivan replied 4 years ago.
That is what this is. The Shay Thunderbirds were made for several years in the early 80s. That NADA guide is for the Shay 1955 Thunderbirds. I did some extensive research to see exactly what these cars entailed. The pricing that I am finding is around $25000. That doesn't mean that is what they are selling for, but the NADA price guide that I linked to you, seems to follow that pricing.