dl250567
dl250567, Technician
Experience:  I am a fully qualified BMW technician
65316656

1976 Fiat x19 - Wont start after sitting 1 year

Customer Question

I obtained a 1976 fiat x19 recently but I can't get it to start up. It tries to turn over but it wont catch. It has been sitting for a year and ran when it was parked. I replaced plugs, wires, cap & rotor, points & condensor, ignition coil, fuel pump, rebuilt the carb. upon closer examination, i noticed that the distributor was loose and worked itself out of timing. The x19 that I have has the distributor set up similar to the 128. It is behind the passenger side nearest the #1 cylinder. My manual says the firing order is 1-3-4-2 but its not the distributor setup described in the manual.  Does anyone know the firing order for this vehicle or have any other suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  dl250567 replied 5 years ago.

dl250567 :

Hello.

dl250567 :

The firing order is 1,3,4,2

dl250567 :

I would also try a separate fuel supply from a 5 litre carrier to make sure it is not stale fuel that is causing your problem

dl250567 :

hi