dl250567
dl250567, Technician
Experience:  I am a fully qualified BMW technician
65316656

leak between the engine and the cooling system..repair shop..towing

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Daewoo lanos 199here is a leak between the engine and the cooling system, in a "coupler", and my repair shop said that they couldn't get the part, nor could they order the part, nor will they put in a part that I get from the nearest dealer (about 100 miles away). So is it worth my while to pay for the towing, and everything else to have the car back and fixed up, or should I junk it and continue to use a taxi, or take a bus.
Category: Car
Expert:  dl250567 replied 4 years ago.

dl250567 :

I find it strange that a repair shop cannot order a spare part for your vehicle. It is also strange they wont fit the part even if you get it from the nearest dealer.

dl250567 :

I would order the part yourself from the dealer and then either try fit it yourself or find another repair shop to fit it for you.