Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My 2005 manual transmission hyndui at 72,000 miles..oil changes

My 2005 manual transmission Hyndui at 72,000 miles now, uses oil between oil changes. On two occasions, once when much newer and once at about 60,000 the oil lite came on. It was down quite a bit. If I keep the oil changed regularly at 3,000 it is usually down 1/4 quart or so. They can't find anywhere where it is leaking, it just seems to be using it up. Is this a common problem? If not, where to look to fix the problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Its normal to burn up to a quart between oil changes so 1/4 a quart every 3k really isnt considered a problem...If no external leaks and pcv is working correctly then it sounds like a normal amount of oil going past the piston rings and valve seals. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.