ksengage31
ksengage31, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Certified Technician Specialist in driveability and engine diagnostics.
64970216

rodeo: 4x4 diesel dual cab, I bought the car new..module..actuator

Hi, I have a 05 rodeo 4x4 diesel dual cab, I bought the car new and done about 75000km . I am having problems with 4wd not working. I have had the 4wd module (under the drivers seat) replaced 3 times, the actuator on the transfer case replaced once, all the wiring and plugs checked twice. The code they pulled out said there is a problem with the speed sensor unit which they check and said to be fine. The mechanic also informed me the 4wd check light comes on only when right hand turns are made. Can you help.

Scott
Category: Car
Expert:  ksengage31 replied 4 years ago.

ksengage31 :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i'm happy to offer you some help today.

ksengage31 :

My first impression while reading your information, is that you may have a speed sensor signal problem at one of the front wheels. Do you know if the check light code refers to a wheel speed sensor, or the vehicle speed sensor?

Customer:

Hi Jesse,

Customer:

Hi Jesse, no I dont know which sensor, the mechanic didnt say which sensor, but he did say all sensors where tested on another vehicle and where all ok.

In order to really narrow down the cause, we'll need to know that bit of information. However, i can suggest some things to check out. I'd look closely at the front wheel bearings to be sure there is no wear/play in them, check also the tone rings around the axle shafts for wear or cracks as they produce the signal for the wheel speed sensors.
Let me know what you may be able to find out,

thanks,
Jesse
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will have to get back to you once i have found out which sensor code comes up as they are closed for the weekend
No problem, i will of course be available later and check back in on your progress.

thanks,
Jesse