Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

grand..locks/unlocks doors from the inside doesnt work

Customer Question

2007 grand vitara
just went out to start and there is NOTHING. no lights, not even a click when i turn the key, even the lock button that locks/unlocks doors from the inside doesn't work. what is going on? Just drove it 2 days ago and it was running fine.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. It sounds like battery is completely dead..You will need to try and charge battery or jump start vehicle..If neither of those are a option parts store will charge and test battery for free. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how likely is it the battery went totally dead without any warning? I only have 17,000 original miles on this vehicle. I've experienced dead batteries before, nothing like this though
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Ifs possible that a light may have been left on so I would start by charing battery and if it keeps dying you have something in vehicle causing battery to continue to die such as a bad radio or failing module. If thats the case each fuse will need to be removed one at a time to check amperage going across fuse terminals to see which one is causing problem. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.