Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

how do i disconect security system car wont turn over

Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. You can try following security relearn procedure: Bump key in start position for a second, leave in on position for 10 minutes, off 5 seconds, on 10 minutes, off 5 seconds, on 10 minutes then start..You can also try to disconnect battery and touch cables together for 10 minutes to reset system before doing procedure..If that doesnt work there is either a bad part such as lock cylinder/passlock sensor or it will need to be reprogrammed with scantool. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
already tried all that
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
When the security system fails it caused no injector pulse but system should still crank so it does not sound like that is the issue. Check for the starter relay to click when the ignition switch is turned to crank. Check for the IGN1 relay to click when the ignition is turned from off to crank. Test for 12 volts on the Pink wire, terminal B in the C1 connector at the ignition switch in run and crank. If missing, test for 12 volts on the Orange wire in terminal A in the C2 connector at the ignition switch at all times. If the there is no voltage on the Pink wire and there is voltage on the Orange wire, replace the ignition switch. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Here is also a wire diagram so you can see how system works and to help with testing. Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.

http://db.tt/2fQZndo4