Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

My 2010 tucsons transmission or trans..axle..I slow down to about 25

My 2010 Tucson's transmission or trans-axle has started making a slight "ping" noiuse when it down shifts as I slow down to about 25 MPH. Any idea what's going on here?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

Is this the 6 speed auto trans?

Does the downshift seem harsh?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it's a six speed auto-transmission. No, the downshift is not harsh - yet. I've read a Hyundai service bulletin that describes the very harsh downshifts that some owners have experienced. I just need to know if the slight noise I'm hearing coming from the transmission or trans-axle is a hint of bigger problems to come.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

It is definately something you want to get to the dealer to be sure it is documented that it started during the warranty period. Without hearing it, it is hard for me to say.

I was thinking about the same issue you read about in the tsb. I would get it in and let them check it and keep a record if they do not make a repair.