Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

HEAD AREA LOOSES THROTTLE POWER REMOVE SPARK PLUG &..AGAIN.

I HAVE RECENTLY REBUILT MY DR250 1992/1993 I CAN GET IT TO RUN, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT CHOKES IT SELF,IN THE HEAD AREA LOOSES THROTTLE POWER REMOVE SPARK PLUG & IT IS BLACK CLEAN & REPLACE AND IT RUNS AGAIN FOR ABOUT A MINUTE & SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME HOPE YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP .THANKS GREG WATTS.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Your black spark plug is an indicator that the fuel mixture is way too rich. There is a problem with the carburetor such as a float level problem or stuck needle. Remove the cargo and have someone who knows how to rebuild and /or adjust it take care of this for you. Then once the carve is set up properly, get another fresh spark plug and you should be good to go..

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris