ASE Master Guru
ASE Master Guru, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master certified technician with over 20 years of experience in both foreign and domestic automotive repair.

trouble with my fisher plow. it wont stay lowers itself..push

Im having trouble with my fisher plow. it wont stay up. when its almost lifted all the way up it lowers itself. also when i push snow it moves left or right (depending on which side has the heaviest) even if its angled all the way to one side 
Category: Car
Expert:  ASE Master Guru replied 4 years ago.
Is the plow lowering fast (1-3seconds) or drifting down longer (10 seconds or more)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it lowers fast
It sounds like it has a torn or broken seal/o-ring inside the valve manifold or a spool valve sticking. If you are mechanically inclined I would suggest removing the pump assembly from the vehicle and disassembling the manifold. Inspect all seals and o-rings carefully, the smallest tear can cause hydraulic fluid to bypass thus allowing the lift and turn rams to move uncommanded. Also carefully inspect valve for any scratches or score marks on the piston or bore. I hope this helps and please feel free to ask for further assistance if needed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the 2 plug fisher minute mount plow where the lift ram and pump motor are one unit. Is the manifold your refering to on the lower side where there are 3 silinoids behind the plastic cover?
The Manifold will be where the lines (hoses) come from that supply hydraulic fluid to the various rams. Make sure to also inspect pressure relief valve for sticking/binding and/or broken spring. This too is located in the manifold.