Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

suzuki: dealership..my engine light..theft deterrent..i disable it

Customer Question

i went the suzuki dealership becuz my engine light was on and the ran test and after that i had a theft deterrent lock on my car and it was never on there before i took it there, so how can i disable it
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Whats actually happening with the vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its my timing is off by 4 sec or misaligned on crankshaft but that is not my problem i think they locked it so i can not get another mech to fix it becuz i went to advance and they put tester on it and after leaving dealership i went to a mech and his tester said error

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Ok so you can not communicate with the scanner to the ECM?You would actually need to reset the timing by setting the crank and cams.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i guess becuz it was working so they had to put that lock on it so i would have to bring it back to them but all the parts cost about 900 dollors but their labor is around 1200 dollors and that is to much for me

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
If it has started happening since the work is done they are responsible to fix this for free or you can take them to small claims court and you would win,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they have not done the work yet becuz they knew i would find someone else and i have but my problem is that theft-deterrent feature was not activated until today when i took it to them if i go to advance in the moring and theirs do the same thing then i know they locked it and i am going to raise hell becuz they do not pay my car payment and they dont have the right to lock my system from letting someone else fix it.

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Thats correct I doubt they locked you out if they did they can get in a lot of trouble .I would use a different shop if they did not lock you out.You can try to have the key in the ignition turned to where the radio works then disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and then reconnect the battery see if it unlocks.If not then you have to have the shop try to see what the issue is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will see in the morning but i am telling you who want to steal a factory radio that feature has never been on there and i have a had this car for 5 yrs i should know i will try that in the morning unhook the red cable right

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Ok best of luck if you need anything else Ill be here tomorrow.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how can i cancel this

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
I will contact customer service for you and you should also .