Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

1987 Isuzu amigo: rev..checked the fuses and they appear ok.

Customer Question

1987 Isuzu amigo, will start and idle for aprox 5 seconds then it dies. (as if it ran out of fuel) when i start the car I can give it some fuel and it will rev up,then die. I have checked the fuses and they appear ok. I disconnected the fuel line to the injector rail(on both ends systematically)and had fuel flow.
Optional Information:

Year: 1989
Make: Isuzu
Model: amigo
Engine: 2.6 l mpfi
Note: this is the same problem I had in 2009, and I am looking for any new possible answers.
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

Have you checked the fuel pressure? Low pressure, even a few pounds can cause problems like that.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have no effective way to check the presure. I have to go to work now and won't be able to provide any additional info at this time. I had this same problem in 2009. I spent time with another mech. we never did find an answer bases on what he provided to me. don't know if you can review the previous posts. ther eis a lot of information there.

thank you for your time. I'll check for a further responce when I get back.

PS. It's an 89 Iszue amigo pre OBD II ( it's a OBD I and there are no codes)

Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I will try and look at the old posts and check back when you can and we will go from there