Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

land rover..spark plugs on and change the thermostate and am not sure

hello I have a 2005 land rover LR3 that i wanted to replace the spark plugs on and change the thermostate and am not sure where to find either in the engine. I know this sound dumb but i can not locate the old plugs at all.
Ed
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.

Tracer :

Hello, I am Randall. I have reviewed your question and working on it now. Will return shortly

Tracer :

ok, lets start with plugs first. on each side of engine is a cover on top of valve covers. You remove that cover to expose 4 coils on each side. There is a coil on top of each plug. Un bolt coil, slip it out, change each plug. you can click HERE for directions

Tracer :

Thermostat is in the housing at end of radiator hose. You can click HERE for that info

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX ask one more dumb question? since I am doing all this I plan on doing an oil change as well is there anything different on a land rover than any other car?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i have found the ignition coil covers but can not locate the clips to release them can you tell me where i should be looking
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
let me see but.. have not done one in awhile so I have think a bit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok be waiting on your response

Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
I cant come up with any more detailed pics or info. I just cant remember. i thought they were 2 clips near outer edge of that cover. If you want/can,, you can snap a pic and send to me using the paperclip icon you see on this post

nothing out of norm for the oil change,. If cover under side, then it comes off, be sure to coat oil filter seal with oil so it does not stick

click HERE