George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

2005 Suzuki Forenza: Heater fan..thump..passanger..Need help fixing it

Have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. Heater fan Intermententlygoes off and you have to thump it with something on the passanger's side where part of the unit is to get it running. Sometimes it works good, sometimes it doesn't turn as fast and other times not at all.. Need help fixing it.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Hitting the bottom of the blower motor usually means the bearings in the motor are failing and the motor needs to be replaced. If you have or can get a 12 volt test light see if you have full battery voltage to the connector for the motor when it won't run. If you do replace the motor.

If you do not have power to the motor try wiggling the wire harness, if it starts that is usually burnt or loose connections. Otherwise it is the blower resistor that is failing

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where are these wires located ?

The blower wire harness is under the right side of the dash where you have been hitting. There may be a sound insulating panel that has to be removed from under the dash area before you will see the bottom of the blower motor and the wiring.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

The procedure to remove the blower is below, look this over and let me know how I can help

Click here for procedure

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay, there didn't seem to be any issues at the wiring, if I took the handle of the screw driver and hit the bottom of the blower motor it started. I'm thinking I should replace the blower motor, I can get a used one for about 35 locally, and it doesn't look like much to replace since I already have the glove box out. what do you think ?

It does sound like the blower motor is the problem if it starts when you hit it directly. I would go ahead and replace it. See if you can get the yard to agree to take it back if it does not work, used electrical parts are pretty iffy. At least have them run it before you pay for it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Good advice, thanks !