Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

2005 suzuki forenza: has an intermittent starting problem..20 minutes

my 2005 suzuki forenza has an intermittent starting problem -about once a month (using it everyday) the car will not start--nothing just turning the key like always but nothing - no starter enganging no motor turn over just nothing-afte about 20 minutes of trying it will just all of a sudden start--the mechanic changed the ignition the fisrt time and then he changed the starter after the egnition change didnt help--now he doent know what to do!its my daughters car and i dont need her having these problems-if it was just me i would deal with it-the thought of her in some lot somewhere even once a month worries me
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok was the actual electrical part of the ignition switch changed?Also was the starter relay ever replaced?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i wiil call my mech and be right back to you
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok will be here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yea --so my mechanic says to me --no i replaced the starter but not the relay--then he says that he also thinks now that i mentioned it that its the relay--what a loser!--and the electrical part of the egnition was changed--

Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok thats what I figured repalcing the 20 dollar starter relay will take care of this issue then.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.