Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

my ex theaten to put bleach in my gas tank will that hurt the

my ex theaten to put bleach in my gas tank will that hurt the car? I tried looking it up some sites say no others yes and one said it would just clean my motor
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Worst case it could cause problems with fuel pump or injectors...I would buy a locking gas cap from your local parts store for around $15...If she did pour bleach in tank you would probably see some spillage around cap so if you do not see any I would just buy the locking cap and not worry about it. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure he did it I do not know how he could open gas tank from out side my car he said bleach or draino
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

If there is no spillage around the fuel cap I wouldnt worry about it because I doubt he used a funnel so some would have spilled..Then you can buy a cap that uses a key to remove, that would be your next option if he is making threats. I would also consider calling police so you have it on record. Let me know if you have questions, I hope he starts acting more reasonable.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so even if he has it will not do any harm and i can drive my car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

It could cause damage, but nothing too serious..Worse case fuel would probably need to be drained/filled along with oil which would be $2-300 at shop but I would just buy the locking fuel cap and double check for signs of something beng added. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.