Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

my h3..no 3 rd rev is fine and will go in 2 nd shift cable maybee

my h3 made a pop sound then i have no drive and no 3 rd rev is fine and will go in 2 nd shift cable maybee
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
is the check engine light on ? if you look under the truck can you see the shift cable physically shifting the transmission from park to reverse to neutral and then drive ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have no engine liight.just checked prindel shift cable moves and goes in each gear but only engauges in r and 2 and 1 st only
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok so when its inthe D range it will not move and the cable is shifting it into the D range correct ?sorry for the 20 questions but i want to be sure to give you the correct answer
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
since you have reverse it shows the pump is good and there is enough fluid inside the transmission.since the check engine light is NOT on it shows the computer is not picking up on any wiring faults.at this point since the light is NOT on there is more than likey an internal failure that is causing this problem.but a shop is going to have to plug in a scan tool and see if they can shift 1st gear when its in drive range.if they can not then they will inspect the shift solenoid and wiring if that is ok then something failed inside the transmission
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No check engine light will have. To look at cable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is correct.whenin d and 3 will not move but the truck will move in r and 1 and2.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok that pan needs to come off the transmission and you need to see if its filled with metal or aluminum at the bottom of it.if you see that that transmission must be rebuilt or replaced
Gary, Technician
Experience: GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years