Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Need diagram..drain plug..Doing a coolant flush..radiator

Customer Question

Need diagram of where block silver flat drain plug is on 2004 range rover HSE. Doing a coolant flush and only a little bit came out from radiator drain plug. Want to drain out more coolant from the block drain plug.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

this may help you

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

tims auto repair :
2004 Land Rover Range Rover (LM) V8-4398cc 4.4L (M62)
Coolant Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement: Coolant - Drain, Flush & Refill
Coolant - drain, flush & refill

Service Repair NO - 26.10.01

Before disconnecting the battery, ensure all text and cautions in the battery disconnection information are observed.

Drain
1. Position vehicle on lift.
2. Set heater controls to maximum.
3. Disconnect battery earth lead.
4. Remove coolant expansion tank cap.

WARNING: Since injury such as scalding could be caused by escaping steam or coolant, do not remove the filler cap from the coolant expansion tank while the system is hot.

5. Remove undertray.
6. Position container beneath radiator to collect coolant.

04_lr05range_262-001a.jpg
Full Size Image

7. Fit tube to drain tap, open tap and allow coolant to drain.

CAUTION: Engine coolant will damage paint finished surfaces. If spilled, immediately remove coolant and clean area with water.

8. Position container beneath engine to collect coolant.

05_lr05range_262-002a.jpg
Full Size Image

9. Remove cylinder block drain plug and allow coolant to drain. Discard sealing washer.
10. Remove container.

Refill
1. Close radiator drain tap and remove tube.
2. Using anew sealing washer, fit cylinder block drain plug and tighten to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.).
3. Connect battery earth lead.
4. Connect exhaust extractor to tail pipes.

06_lr05range_262-002b.jpg
Full Size Image

5. Remove bleed screw from expansion tank.
6. Fill cooling system, keeping coolant to neck of expansion tank until a steady stream of coolant is emitted from bleed screw hole. Fit and tighten bleed screw.
7. Fit coolant expansion tank cap.
8. Run engine until normal operating temperature is reached.
9. Switch off engine and allow to cool.

03_lr05range_262-003a.png
Full Size Image

10. Check for leaks and fill expansion tank to "MAX" mark.
11. Clean coolant from body and surrounding area.
12. Fit undertray.
tims auto repair :

tims auto repair :

did this help you?

tims auto repair :

the plug is in the 2nd picture

tims auto repair :
3:32 PM

Customer :

Where do you get drain tube and how do you open the drain tap?

tims auto repair :

a drain tube is just a common rubber or plastic hose..you dont really need it........the block drain,all you need to do is remove the plug

tims auto repair :