Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions
Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.
Parking your vehicle and getting another one (due to taxes and high fuel prices) is totally a money waste:
- your vehicle will depreciate (price) without being used)
- the other vehicle you get will depreciate, and will take some maintenance and fixing.
- considering these two factors, you will save money eventually by just driving your vehicle, without buying another.
BILL I M INTERESTING IN MECHANIC HELP-ABOUT THE LAND ROVER
As for the land rover (freelander)....it has a few problems....and it does require some maintenance....if long term reliability and fuel economy are the target, get a toyota rav4, a honda CRV, or equivalent.
WHAT PROBLEMS HAVE YOU NOTICE?
WHERE YOU LIVE?\
Many problems....the most consistent problems with this vehicle would be:
- ABS, TCS, and HDC lights coming on (warning lights) due to faulty brake pedal switch, or faulty wiring on gear lever (HDC wiring)
- A/C leaks from expansion valve, which will require replacing
- water ingress in the rear, and water condensation on rear windows, due to water coming in through rear (corners)...the rubber gommets, or seals would require replacing
FUEL ECONOMY ISN T MY PROBLEM.MY PROBLEM IS TO BUY A CAR WITH MECHANICAL PROBLEMS DUE TO WRONG DESIGN-AS FREELANDER SEEMS TO BE
- knock noises on rough terrain, due to rear subframe cracking (requiring welds and Strengthening).............
PS: there are mechanical problems....i'm listing those (i recommended the other vehicles for reliability, as the freelander's fuel economy is not bad).
- problems with fuel filter and seal, causing misifre and rough starts
- problems with HT wire (high tension) from ignition coil....chafing on air box, causing short to earth, and misfire
- rear wheel bearing noise, causing excessive wheel wear on one side
- rear electric window, opening by itself....caused by a faulty multi function control module (or body control module)
YES I KNOW WHAT U SAY-AND YOU CONFIRM MY OPINION ABOUT THE VEHICLE. MY PROBLEM BILLY IS THAT I M A 4X4 FUN SO -AS THINGS ARE WORSE THAN EVER IN TAXES-YOU CAN T IMAGINE HOW BAD THINGS ARE- I M THINKING FOR A DAIHATSU TERIOS 1.5 -RECENT MODEL
- the overheating problem you described...requiring a head gasket replacement...
and the list goes on....
a daihatsu terios will be much more reliable, and with a much lower running cost than the freelander.....however, it has a somewhat poor engine performance (due to the small engine)
I WON T S3ELL MY JEEP FOR 3000 EYROS PAL
Yes, i get that......keep your jeep......but think about japanese options (daihatsu being one)
I CAN STAND POOR PERFORMANCE OF A RELIABLE ENGINE-WOULD YOU PREFER TERIOS OR SUZUKI GRAND VITARA 3D OLD MODELS-TILL 2004?
I HAD GRAND VITARA 2.5V6
the vitara have engine and suspension problems.....
the terios (if in good condition) is much more reliable
SO IF YOU HAD TIO BUY A GRAND VITARA 1,6 YEAR 2004 AND A TERIOS YEAR 2006 WITH DOUBLE PRICE YOU PREFER TERIOS?
the suzuki 1.6 engine is not so bad (the 2.6v6 and 2.0v4 are the bad engines)....but i would still go for the terios (if budget permits it).
CONSIDERING THE 4X4 ABILITY?
the terios will never stop....unless the engine cannot give any more power......so the lack of power is the only inconvenience....
OK BILLY-YOU CONFIRMED MY OPINION-SO BE AWARE OF K ENGINES-I LL HAVE MY JEEP IN GARAGE, HOPING FOR BETTER DAYS TO COME