Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

suzuki sidekick: replaced the slave cluctch cylinder

I have replaced the slave cluctch cylinder and after bleeding it I can not get my car in to gear, what am I doing wrong? suzuki sidekick 97
Welcome,

If the slave was replaced, then it sounds like the clutch master is weak and not "pushing" the slave rod far enough to completely disengage the clutch and will need to be replaced.

Welcome,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Before I replaced the slave cylinder I was able to get in to gear the rezone I changed it was because it was making grinding noise and sometimes a little hard to change gear. do you still think it could be the master cylinder? was the old slave cylinder ok then?

Yes i definitely still think its the master. It Just keeps getting weaker and weaker. Hard to say about the slave, but when the master is replaced its best to replace the salve also, so you didnt do it for nothing :-)