Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

that was addressed in the low beam recall a few years..shorted..burnt

Customer Question

I have continued to trouble shoot the areas that we spoke of earlier, i followed the wires from the dimmer switch. Much to my surprise i fould what i believe to be splice pack S102, it would appear this was the splice pack issue that was addressed in the low beam recall a few years back. I saw the splice fix that the dealer applied, but on the other end of the splice block other wires have shorted and burnt the insulation off. What do you think
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

sorry i was off line

tims auto repair :
tims auto repair :

did the lights work after you fixed the burn part?

tims auto repair :

i would think you are taling about this

tims auto repair :
2005 Suzuki Reno L4-2.0L
Lighting and Horns TSB Title: NHTSA07V452000 09/25/2007 Recall 07V452000: Headlamp Low Beams/DRL Inoperative
MAKE/MODELS: MODEL/BUILD YEARS:

Suzuki/Forenza 2004-2006

Suzuki/Reno 2004-2006

MANUFACTURER: American Suzuki Motor Corp.

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID NUMBER: 07V452000 MFR'S REPORT DATE: September 25, 2007

COMPONENT: Exterior Lighting

POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 93963

SUMMARY:
On certain passenger vehicles, headlamp low beam or Daytime Running Light (DRL) function may be inoperative due to a melted splice pack on the wiring harness.

CONSEQUENCE:
Inappropriate lighting could reduce visibility of vehicles and increase the potential for a crash.

REMEDY:
Dealers will splice the power circuit wires for the low-beam headlamps and DRL free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in three phases, starting at the end of October 2007 and concluding by the middle of December 2007. Owners may contact Suzuki at 1-800-934-0934.

NOTES:
Suzuki recall No. NB. Customers may also contact The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
tims auto repair :

they may have done a bad repair