Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

2000 Elantra: loud..My mechanic says..transmission is going bad

I have a 2000 Elantra wagon, which I've had for 10 years and wish to keep it. The transmission is getting loud. My mechanic says he thinks the transmission is going bad. The cost to fix it seems unwarranted, given the value of the car (145K miles). But I love the car! Is there a possible fix that would cost under 1000? If not, could I sell it for parts/junk anywhere close to 1K?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

If you would like to keep your car i suggest you check out a good transmission shop to see what the problem is as i've seen transmission make noses and all it was was a bad body valve which is a quick repair
and not to expensive .

Other possibility is if the transmission is bad then you could get one off eBay for a good price.

Need further assistance please get back to me.
Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I understand what you've written. What about selling if it is a bad transmission - are junk sales my only option??

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .
I would personally put it in eBay with a photo and let them know what the problem is with the transmission and then let the bidding start you could end with more than you wanted

Kind regards Greg