ksengage31
ksengage31, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Certified Technician Specialist in driveability and engine diagnostics.
64970216

GOOD im GETTING JUICE TO THE FUEL PUMP I HOOKED A WIRE..CAR started

I REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP/THE FUSE IS GOOD IM GETTING JUICE TO THE FUEL PUMP I HOOKED A WIRE TO THE HOT SIDE OF THE BATTERYAND TO THE FUSE AND THE CAR STARTED
Category: Car
Expert:  ksengage31 replied 4 years ago.

ksengage31 :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX im happy to offer you some assistance

Customer:

OK

ksengage31 :

Your information says you have power to the fuel pump with the key on? Did you measure at the pump with a voltmeter or a test light?

Customer:

YES

ksengage31 :

Ok, im going to suggest you check the ground leading to the fuel pump as well. If it seems in bad condition, try running a new ground wire for testing purposes. This is often overlooked, you need a good ground there as well.

ksengage31 :

also, please check the condition of the fuel pump relay, if you have not already. They should generally be replaced hen installing a new pump anyways, and it may be worn to the point where not supplying good voltage.

Customer:

I ALSO REPLACED THE FUEL FILTER UNDER THE CAR DOES THE FILTER HAVE TO BE GROUNDED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CAR AS WELL

Customer:

I REPLACED THE RELAY

ksengage31 :

no, the filter does not require a ground.

Customer:

OK

ksengage31 :

you seem to have covered all the right items, just need to recheck your wiring. Id definately start by making sure you have a good ground wire to the pump. Msg me back for any help you may need, im here to assist.

Customer:

OK THANKS