Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
20625509

2002 Isuzu Rodeo: jack handle thet is needed to drop the spare located

Customer Question

On the 2002 Isuzu Rodeo LS where is the XXXXX XXXXXdle thet is needed to drop the spare located?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

the XXXXX XXXXXdle and lug tool that are under the rear seat cushion.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Wizard

All Rodeos had a rear seat bottom which folded forward and rear seat back which folded down. The vehicle's lug wrench was stored under the seat bottom, concealed by a carpeted Velcro flap. The jack was located behind a plastic panel in the rear left of the cargo area along with the rear windshield washer fluid reservoir if equipped. The LS was available with split-folding rear seats. A secret locking compartment was fitted in the depths of the center console below a removable cassette storage bin.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
unable to get rear seat cushion up. cannot get it to tilt forward to get access under the seat. Is there a release somewhere or a special way to get it up/
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have your owners manual?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

You can find one at helm, that is what the Isuzu owners website says. All of my repair manuals don't have info on how to access the XXXXX XXXXXdle. That info is most likely in the owners manual. I looked it up, it's about $25.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=AIM&Make=AIM&Model=RODE&Year=2002&Category=2&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was told previously by a mechanic that the handle was under the seat but he also did not know how to get the seat up. All dealorships here in LV are shut down and the only local info that I have been able to get is that it is under the seat.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
All I can say is, rear seat bottom which folded forward and rear seat back which folded down. If the rear seat bottom folds forward the release most likely is at the rear of the seat bottom. That makes the most sense. Or on the side.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried it all (with lots of sore fingers). The guys can't get it up. Cannot find a release. Trying to avoid the time delay in buying the manual.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
Yeah, you could try searching the internet but I had already done that. Isuzu is only one manufacturer and of many that don't have owners manual downloads.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tire guys been working it all morning. They can feel the latch right in the center of the passenger side rear seat but they cannot find a release for the latch.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

Do you know of anyone else that owns an Isuzu Rodeo?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
It's only 5:15pm here on the east coast. Find and call a Isuzu Dealer and ask them, they should know or at least have owners manuals.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

I found this, " Pull the straps that lie in between the seats" If you cannot see the straps, they must have gotten pushed down between the seats, reach down in there and feel if you can grab the strap.

This is for a 2001 Rodeo though, but hopefully it's the same, http://www.fixya.com/cars/t2331855-2001_isuzu_rodeo_rear_seat

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

Here is another answer that also says there is a release button, "
There is a pair of straps or hand holds in the gap where the seat belts come out on the seat portion, give each one a quick jerk and the seats will flip forward. Then pull up on the release button on the outer edges of the seat back to fold the seat back down"

How do you fold down the back seats in a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo?

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_fold_down_the_back_seats_in_a_2000_Isuzu_Rodeo#ixzz1lMPwXVgH

Mike S., Mechanic
Experience: 25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unable to check your latest response as I had to leave the car for an appointment. I called your info to them. will get back to you

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They still couldn't find the release. The straps between the seats must have gotten under the seat the last time someone raised the seat. There are no loops coming from the hole around the seat belts. We will still have to find someway to get it unlocked. You tried your best. You have my email of jXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX if you come across any further info it would be appreciated.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.

That is obviously what happened, the straps got pushed down. I found a diagram, the straps are part number 33.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

I only see one strap and from what it looks like it's on the driver's side outside. Is this a Rodeo Sport by any chance cause this isn't for a sport that I am looking at.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I had aaccess to the car this weekend, I rechecked all suggestions. In checking the hole where the seat belts come out, I found the loop that had been pushed down in the hole. It released the latch. In your response of 3 Feb you stated that you had been paid for your answer. Thanks for your time.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. glad to hear you found it. Thank You!