land rover..over but wouldnt start.. ( like it wasnt getting gas )

Customer Question

I have a 1999 d2 land rover... I was driving and it just turned off... It would turn over but wouldn't start.. ( like it wasn't getting gas ). Waited around 10 min and It started and went about 3 miles and did it again..... Now I made it home but will turn over but will not start.... Can you give me an idea of wut it might be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is tim, this does sound like a bad fuel pump, but first you need to check and see if it has spark at the spark plug, the easiest way to do this is to install and old spark plug into the end of one of the spark plug wires, and then ground it out on the engine somewhere, then crank it over and see if there is spark at the plug, can you do this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can try...If it doesn't have a spark wut is the concern....
What other things could it be other than fuel pump?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
if it Does have spark, then its most likely the fuel pump if it does not have spark, we will have check a few other things, but we nned to know if it has spark to determine which route to go,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not helping much... Take your money and buy you some lunch
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
have you checked for spark? i can help you diagnose this,Tim