Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

drives..while it dies and wont cranks

i have a 93 geo prism. it runs and drives great but every once in a while it dies and won't start. it cranks over strong but no fire. i leave it for an hour and it starts fine. obd plug won't give me a scan. it doesn't even give me the right vin options. what would it most likely be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

A intermittant fuel pump is a common issue, the next time it will not start, try a little starting fluid and it it tries to run with it then it is likely the pump. Also test for spark the next time it will not start if the starting fluid does not work.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
That is very rare and is more likely to be bad connections at the relay.