George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

1991 isuzu amigo: tow this vehicle..transfer case..hooked

I have a 1991 Isuzu Amegio XXXXXstandard shift transmission with manuel locking hubs! I would like to tow this vehicle behind my motorhome. I have been told I have to disconnect both front and rear driveshafts, however front driveshaft and axcels do not turn when its not inXXXXXor the hubs Are Not Locked In.
I understand that the oil in the transfer case might not circulate if you leave the rear driveshaft hooked up, but this doesn't follow thru with the front driveshaft not turning
and the rear disconnected.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you have manual locking hubs you only have to unlock the hubs and remove the rear driveshaft.

There are stub kits made to allow you to do this electrically but they are $600 - $1000 installed and I don't think you want to put that kind of money in this setup.

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Electronic stubs, can you give me a quick explanation as to what these are?

Several companies make a driveline disconnect that is installed into the rear driveline to electrically disconnect it from the transfercase. This saves the trouble of crawling under the truck.

One of those is the link here

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you