Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

ignition key will not turn.

I have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe the ignition key will not turn. I have tried jiggling the gear shift, the key and the steering wheel. I have tried to turn it so hard the key almost broke. I do I fix this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

You can try some dry graphite in the key hole and some more jiggling. Make sure you work the wheel back and forth pretty hard while trying to turn the key.

If this does not work then it could be that the lock cylinder has failed in which care you will need to have the dealer tow it in and repair it under warranty.