Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.

2008 Cayenne S: 600 miles..extended dealer for $3200

I own a 2008 Cayenne S 35,600 miles warranty expires 3/12 no problems to date trying to determine if I should buy a 4 year extended warranty offerred by my dealer for $3200.
Category: Car
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
I will assist you with this,
A warranty is like having insurance, you do not know how much you need it until something occurs, If you never use it you are thinking what a waste of money, but if something happens you are sure glad you have it. In todays market a Transmission repair could easily cost you $3200.00. You are probably more interested in the reliability of the vehicle, in normal conditions you will never use the warranty, you are averaging less than 10,000 miles a year. So my best advice is this, you can put the $3200.00 in the bank and let it draw interest for 4 years and hope you do not have to repair vehicle or you can treat it like an investment in your car and purchase the warranty to ensure you don't have to come up with a large amount of money to repair in an unforeseen event.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are right...I really am trying to determine what other Cayanne owners are experiencing with their vehicles...for example do Cayanne's have a low, average or high record of repairs. We`also own a 1999 Lexus GS 300...have never had a mechanical or electrical problem and the car runs like new so I would not buy an extended warranty for this car but Porsche is a different type of car. Do you have any info that might help
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
The Porsche statistics are in your favor on reliability. With a sports car it is harder to judge from issues other owners are experiencing due to driving habits. With all that said of you are looking to base your decision on the reliability of the Porsche, under normal driving it will be very reliable. What I have seen with owners who take care of these is very good.