ksengage31
ksengage31, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Certified Technician Specialist in driveability and engine diagnostics.
64970216

olds: silooohuette with factory installed dvd

Customer Question

we have an 04 olds silooohuette with factory installed dvd , the problem is that after a while, the screen won't show the picture if you lightly tap on the back of the screen the picture may come back on, what is causing this
Category: Car
Expert:  ksengage31 replied 5 years ago.

ksengage31 :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX id be happy to offer you some assistance today.

ksengage31 :

Have you noticed any other accessories not working properly besides the dvd player screen?

Customer :

no

Customer :

are you still there

Customer :

colud there be a loose connection in the screen itself

Customer :

Jesse, are you still there?

Ok. There were known problems with the wiring connections leading to the dvd units on many gm models around that model year. I checked and found no service bulletins for your particular vehicle. I would suggest the dvd unit should be removed to check for any problems with the wiring or connectors (pinched wires, loose, corroded, etc). If none can be found the unit will need to be replaced.
It does sound possible that there is a problem connection in the screen part of the unit. Usually they arent considered serviceable/repairable. If your confident in opening it up, and are set on replacing it otherwise regardless id say it couldnt hurt to take it apart to look. Most likely, it will require replacement.