Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

SUZUKI FORENZA: SHUTS OFF...ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I

Customer Question

WHEN I FUEL UP, IT TAKES SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO START THE CAR. THEN IT NEEDS TO RUN ABOUT MINUTE OR IT SHUTS OFF. THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I FUEL UP.
05 SUZUKI FORENZA WAGON..... ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Yes there is a common issue with a faulty purge control valve sticking .What happens is this valve sticks and does not allow the proper ventilation when fueling and can cause the vehicle to stall.Sometimes the actual canister brakes down also and clogs this valve.This is what needs to be checked next a fuel evap test can be done at any shop to diagnose this issue.About 150 parts and labor to fix this issue at a shop.This is what needs to be checked next.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.