Reecekerley
Reecekerley, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience in the transmission and drive train industry.
63640021

Lincoln Town Car Air Ride

Lincoln Town Car Air Ride
Category: Car
Expert:  Reecekerley replied 4 years ago.

Reecekerley :

Hi, What is going on with the air ride?

Customer:

The rear of the car is stuck up in the air

Reecekerley :

Has anyone messed with the rear level sensors?

Customer:

No the check air ride warning on the dash just came on

Reecekerley :

ok let me look into this and I will get back in a few minutes.

Customer:

ok should I stay on line here?

Reecekerley :

try this test.

Reecekerley :

1. Locate the air suspension control module, behind the glove compartment. Unplug both connectors from the module. Locate the Brown/Pink wire in pin 13. Jump this wire to ground, and listen for a click from the air spring solenoid on the left rear air spring. Then, locate the Tan/White wire in pin 25, jump this wire to ground, and listen for a click from the right rear air spring solenoid. Next, locate the Pink wire in pin 24, jump it to ground, and listen for a click from the vent solenoid, which is part of the compressor assembly. If any of the solenoids failed to click when energized, check the Light Blue/Pink wire at the solenoid for battery voltage from fuse U, and check the wire that runs from the module to the solenoid for an open. If there are no problems with the wiring, replace the solenoid.

2. If all the solenoids click when energized, energize all three at the same time, and see if the rear of the vehicle drops. It should drop steadily, and be below normal height within 30 seconds. If the rear of the vehicle fails to drop, remove the dryer assembly from the compressor, and energized just the two air spring solenoids. With the dryer removed, there is no need to energize the vent solenoid in the compressor. If the rear of the vehicle vents down through the dryer when the air spring solenoids are energized, the vent solenoid is restricted, and the compressor must be replaced.

Reecekerley :

Will you be able to perform this test yourself?

Customer:

Ok I will try this later today when I get home.

Reecekerley :

Ok if you need more info just let me know and JA will send me a email that you have requested more info. It might take me a while to get back to you depending what time you get back to me. Good luck with your testing.