ksengage31
ksengage31, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Certified Technician Specialist in driveability and engine diagnostics.
64970216

2001 isuzu rodeo: power windows do not work except the drivers window

2001 isuzu rodeo LS power windows do not work except the drivers window?
Category: Car
Expert:  ksengage31 replied 2 years ago.

ksengage31 :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX im happy to offer you assistance today.

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

First the passenger window front would not work from the drivers control panel, now nothing works except the drivers window.

ksengage31 :

I see, from the description i strongly suspect you are having an issue with just the window switch itself.

Customer:

We have reset the circuit breaker, but not results

ksengage31 :

All the power for the other windows runs through that master switch in the drivers door. The other windows dont work from their own door switches either, correct?

Customer:

correct

ksengage31 :

Tha definately points to the switch on the drivers door. I would replace it. If youd like me to walk you through how to test it and be sure, i can find a wiing diagram for you. Prob take me about 10-15 mins.

Customer:

That would be great, thank you.

ksengage31 :

great, ill be right back.

Customer:

ok

ksengage31 :

diagram part 1
Full Size Image

ksengage31 :

Full Size Image

ksengage31 :

ok, the diagram is two parts here... if you look on the first one you'll see the driver window switch.

Customer:

I see

ksengage31 :

what you can do, is get the switch removed from the door panel (may need remove entire panel from door, only a few screws and some plastic clips retain it) and leave the switch plugged into the wiring for your test.

Customer:

All right

ksengage31 :

using a voltmeter or testlight, whichever you choose check for power at the wires ill list for you here. Im reading the diagram as im typing so stay wth me a minute. : )

Customer:

OK

ksengage31 :

you should have 12 volts at the red with yellow color, and green with yellow wires (at that main switch) when trying to roll down the rear windows. If you do not find volts, or test light doesnt light up at these wires with the vehicle key on, and trying to using the part of the driver door switch for the rear windows, the switch is faulty.

ksengage31 :

If you get lost, just follow the wire colors on the diagram. Or come back and send me a msg. : )

ksengage31 :

Be sure to let me know how it turns out for you either way. I really think you just have a worn out switch in that drivers door.

Customer:

Terrific. Do you know the part number for the switch if I need to replace it? Do you think a used switch would work, or should I get a new one?

ksengage31 :

Id be comfortable with a used switch, if the salvage yard or seller offers a 30 day warranty or so.

ksengage31 :

As long as its guaranteed to be good when your buying it.

Customer:

Great, I will give it a go and let you know!

ksengage31 :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX!

Customer:

Thank you.

ksengage31, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Master Certified Technician Specialist in driveability and engine diagnostics.