vauxdoc
vauxdoc, GM Europe master tech
Experience:  25 years GM factory trained ATA UK registered
10908802

VAUXALL ZAFIRA: VAUXHALL ZAFIRA HAS FAULT IN ENGINE MANAGEMENT

Customer Question

VAUXHALL ZAFIRA HAS FAULT IN ENGINE MANAGEMENT ECU "DOOR INACTIVATION SENSOR" IF I LOOK AT LIVE DATA PERAMETERS THER IS TAB FOR THIS THAT READS 0.1 VOLT AND THIS DOES NOT FLUCTUATE
THE FAULT IS ACTIVE ALL THE TIME AND CAN NOT CLEAR/RESET TO SEE IF IT RETURNS AND BRINGS ON THE LAMP WITH THE CAR WITH A SPANNER ON IT NOT ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT. CHEERS
Category: Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, Do you know the fault code number ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My diagnostic equipment didn't give me a code, it's the texa set up. It sometimes give codes as well as worded info but it only gave me it as door inactivation sensor.
What is the "door" it's finding fault with ? Is it anything to do with egr valve ?
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 5 years ago.
I have worked on These for years and have never heard of any thing like "door inactivation".

EGR valves are a common fault on these but I recommend that you test the engine with a reliable scanner first.

Another way to retrieve a fault code sometimes works by doing a pedal test, press the throttle and brake pedals down and then switch the ignition on, if the ECU supports this test then a code will appear in the dash display.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.