Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license

Land rover..occurs..When going straight or turning left no noise.any

I have a Land Rover LR3 2007, when I turn right i hear a squeaky noise (metal on metal). Noise occurs only when turning right. When going straight or turning left no noise.
any idea what is causing this?

Hello and welcome to just answer. This may be the brake pad wear indicator telling you that your brake pads are worn to the point that the little tab in the brake pad is touching the brake rotor and making that sound. The other thing it may be is a wheel hub bearing that is failing. In either case, I recommend having a shop/garage perform a complete brake inspection and at that time they can also inspect the hub bearings and axle CV joints for possible wear issues.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Front and rear break pads and sensors were changed 2 weeks ago. Also 2 inner tie rods, ball joints and front right sway bar bushing was replaced at same time. do you really think the weel hub bearing would make noise only when turning right?
Yes it is possible because the bearing's side load is different when turning right vs turning left or going straight.