nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

nisson altima: about how much would it cost to replace a camshaft

about how much would it cost to replace a camshaft position sensor in a 2005 nissan altima 2.5 spd? where is a good place to take it? i am in omaha nebraska. thank you

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

The camshaft sensor (called phase sensor on your model), is located on the driver side of the engine....in front of the air intake....

Billy :

It is not difficult to replace....any reputable shop should go through this without any trouble.....

Billy :

Replacing would cost around 0.5 hours of labor (one of the cheapest parts to replace in terms of labor)...and the sensor itself should not cost more than 50USD (you can get it online if needed...)

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if follow up is needed..Click ACCEPT so i get credited for my work...positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Customer:

thank you very much for your response Billy. you probably think i'm crazy asking questions at this time of the morning but i was really worried about the cost of fixing it! if i may ask you one more question, my son put the wrong kind of gas in my car right before this started happening. could this have caused this problem?

Billy :

no.......wrong type of gas would cause engine problems (combustion etc...) you would need to clean the tank, replace the fuel filter.....but this would not affect the camshaft sensor......additionnaly, the camshaft sensor is a common fault on this model.

Customer:

thank you and good morning and Happy New Year! Accepting charge now.

Billy :

You're most welcome....and Happy new year!!!!