Tom Neff
Tom Neff, Technician
Experience:  ASE certified, 30 + years of Automotive experience, previous SR71 aircraft mechanic, factory trained

2006 dts: slows dealer has changed rotors brake pads

2006 dts when brakes are applied car makes agrowl or whine as car slows dealer has changed rotors brake pads turned rotors then tried different pads to no avail car has 43000 miles and has made this noise since aout 29000 miles could noise be made by transmission
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom Neff replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this. Most likely the problem is not in the brakes as you have already noted but most likely in a wheel bearing that is howling under the load of the vehicle when the brakes are put on. this will take a tec. that has the ability to isolate the source of the noise using a special hearing device that attach's to each wheel and will determine the source of the noise by isolating the source so that the noise is not being transmitted from one place and coming out another.

Hope this helps.
please click on the ACCEPT button if I have answered all your
questions. Please ask if you need more
assistance Bonus is always appreciated .
I will post positive feed back for you,
please do the same for me.

Thanks and God bless.

Expert:  Tom Neff replied 4 years ago.
Did that answer all your questions or do you need some more assistance. Glad to help you get this resolved.