nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

isuzu rodeo: timing belt, i put a new one on..compression check..psi

i have a isuzu rodeo my friend removed the timing belt, i put a new one on. we started the engine with just the belt and nothing else the unit sounds like it running on three cylinders. the compression check was pretty even all cylinders at 210 psi. the engine is a 3.2.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

- which year is this rodeo?

Billy :

- have you checked the timing? (as the marks on 9 and 12 o clock are relative to the inclined head, and not to the horizon)

Billy :

- was the alternator on when checking?

Customer:

the alternator was not on the year of the car is a 2000

Customer:

the only thing on when checking was the timing belt.

Billy :

Billy :

Sometimes, if the alternator is not on....a poor battery would cause misfire.....so you have to double check that....

Billy :

Other than that, the timing marks are a bit tricky on this engine (the camshaft sprockets should be at 9 and 12 oclock relative to the inclined block and not to the shop floor...and the crankshaft sprocket mark should be at horizontal 3 oclock)

Billy :

Get back to me if further info is needed....

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if follow up is needed..Click ACCEPT so i get credited for my work...positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Customer: