karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  master technician,L1 certified,Tech net training,16 years experience
17741603

Horn connectiona on a PT2006cruiser horn doesnt work

horn connectiona on a PT2006cruiser horn doesnt work
Category: Car
Expert:  karrs2fix replied 2 years ago.

karrs2fix :

Remove the right front inner fender splash gaurd and you will be able to see the horn . Test for power on the grey and yellow wire when the horn button is pushed and you should have a ground on the black wire.

Customer:

how do I know which fuse is for the horn to check if it is a fuse/?

Customer:

y0u didn,t answer my questionabout the fuses//??

karrs2fix :

Your horn is controlled by a totally integrated power module , a part of the fuse box. Computer network provieds command signals when horn pad is pushed.

karrs2fix :

looking up some more information to find any specific fuses you could check

karrs2fix :

Is there a label on the back side of the fuse box lid / cover?

Customer:

I can,t get the fuse box cover off, my friend has gone but he did have the cover off but I can,t get it off. I saw a lot of numbers on it but did,t notice avy label.

karrs2fix :

Do you have the owners manual ? you can look in there for a fuse box diagram. I am finding a few different style fuse boxes for your car / application.

karrs2fix :

fuse 15 , 50amp fuse provides the power output on the horn circuit. It also provides power for your cooling fan and I assume that works. I did find some technical service bulletins indicating failure of the horn switches in the steering wheel. If that fuse is ok you can do some testing at the horn itself , testing for power and ground , also you can supply power with a jumper wire to see if the horn actually works . If those tests don

karrs2fix :

If those tests don't confirm the problem you will need to do some further diagnosis with scan tool so you can monitor the horn command circuit in the computer system

Customer:

well this is all very confusing to me but i.ve written all your very interisting infodown and hope my friends are a lot more knowlegable than i,am and i.m sure they are i thank you for your information,and I hope all will be o k.thanks again.

karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: master technician,L1 certified,Tech net training,16 years experience