Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2004 ISUZU AXIOM: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME..CAR WOULDNT..3000 rpm

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2004 ISUZU AXIOM W/A 6 CYC. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, THEN THE REDUCE POWER LIGHT CAME ON. THE CAR WOULDN'T GO ANY FASTER THAN 20 MPH UNTIL IT HIT 3000 RPM, THEN IT WOULD DRIVE NORMAL; UNTIL YOU REACHED THE NEXT STOP LIGHT. I HAVE REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP AND THE FUEL SENOR REGULATOR, THIS DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

Having the check engine light on, means that fault codes are stored....have you retrieved the fault codes?

Customer :

like i said the check engine light is on, the codes are p1239, p0452

Customer :

the code that gave you where the ones that came up, after the computer was cleared.

Billy :

ok.....

Billy :

There is a recall on your fuel pump (and fuel system)....but since you already replaced the fuel pump, we'll start elsewhere...

Customer :

i have replaced the fuel pump, and the fuel senor regulator. this didn't solved the problem. where i get the info on the recall, the dealer said there is no recall.

Customer :

excuse the miss type.

Billy :

The fuel pump recall is a bit different...however, i will post it now....:

Customer :

ok

Customer :

where are you posting it at?

Billy :

just a second....i'm posting this here ( a link, at which you can right click and download):

Billy :

Having checked these, you would need to check in detail, as following:

Billy :

As for the problems you are having (p0452, p1239) i would first check the wiring...and especially the connectors at fuel pump, fuel sensors, and the ECM (engine control module).......

Billy :

click here1 and here2 for checkign details (although i think that wiring and connectors should cure this...)

Customer :

we have check and recheck, but i will check the ecm.

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if follow up is needed..Click ACCEPT so i get credited for my work...positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Customer :

thx for your time but, this did not help, but i click accept anyway!

Billy :

If this did not help, i will relist the question, so other experts take a look....

Billy :

Good luck!