Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

2005 Suzuki Forenza: wagon..I first tried pushing the Hold button

i have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza wagon (4-speed auto). This morning the HOLD light was blinking in the front display, as I was driving. Not knowing what to do, I first tried pushing the Hold button a couple of times, but nothing happened. Next I pulled over and shut the car off. Then I took my key and inserted it into the SHIFT LOCK RELEASE opening & pushed down on some spring-loaded thing in the hole. When I started up the car again the blinking Hold message was gone. Did I do the right thing? If not, what should I have done? Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Name is Greg and i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

When the Hold light comes on or blinks then this is telling you the transmission management system has encountered a malfunction with in the system when it does it will switch on the hold light.and store a code in the TCM Transmission Control Module.(Management control system ).

What you have to do is visit your local Dealer or Garage that has the equipment to scan for codes to see what problem you may have. from the codes the testing technician will know what has to be rectified to stop this happening again.

When you switch off the engine then switch it back on this will clear the code and switch off the hold light , the hold light will come back on when the management system encounters a malfunction again

.

Need further assistance with this issue please get back to me.

Kind regards Greg

Greg, Technician
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,