CarDoc
CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with European cars. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

Just a little bit of snow is it better to have an AWD or FWD car

If I want to drive in just a little bit of snow is it better to have an AWD or FWD car
CarDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

CarDoc :

In my experience living in a very snowy area of the country, the key to snow driving is tires. If you have the right tires on the car, and I don't mean all-seasons, then you can deal with conditions just fine

CarDoc :

now, with all things being equal...we'll say an identical model of car, either AWD or FWD, with identical tires, then AWD will be better